Welcome!

So what do you think of this new fancy blog? I am so excited to finally get an overhaul. It was much overdue. Mike and I have been tinkering with the html for months now trying to get things the way I wanted but to no avail. So I found this miracle worker and voila, a perfectly organized blog. Hooray!

So if you haven't already, feel free to do all of those fun little blog things like
1.follow The Art of Homemaking on Facebook
2. and Twitter
3. and "Join This Site" there in the sidebar.
4. say hello
5. and of course, please help spread the word. You can even grab a (soon-to-be-appearing) button in the sidebar.

Lots of things happening (aside from the blog) over this way. Loads of freelance writing ~ yippee!
A weekend trek to a molasses stir off in the Appalachian mountains AND an amazing history lesson at a Civil War Battle Reinactment.


If you are out and about this weekend, pick up a copy of Hobby Farm Home's Popular Kitchen Series Magazine, Pies and Cakes. I have lots of articles, recipes and photos in this issue


Yep...thats my sweet Ezra eating a fruit tart. One of the perks of being the photographer~